Do your customers “know, like and trust you”? If not, why not? If you aren’t sure, you need to read these tips on 15 ways to connect with your customers. If your ideal client doesn’t know you value him or her, they will look for a new person with whom to work who does value them and who “gets” them.
Every business owner I work with has clients they adore and they have clients whose emails they avoid and they wince when they see a missed call from that person. How well do you know your customer? Wouldn’t you like to work with people who bring you joy? Then you need to ensure you’re bringing joy to them in all your interactions.
15 Ways To Connect With Your Customers
Who is your ideal customer?
- They value you above and beyond the fee they pay
- They are long-term clients.
- They are your biggest advocates.
- They continually buy what you have to offer.
- They know what they want and you get right to the point with them.
- They pay their bills on time.
How do spot that less-than-ideal-client before you sign them?
- Even in initial conversations, they are never satisfied.
- They continually ask for more but want to pay for less
- You are continually in money-chase mode with them
- They don’t value what you do and how to do it
- They bad mouth the people they worked with before you — this is a red flag because you know they will bad mouth you.
What steps should you take to jettison these clients? Be aware though that these tactics will work against you when they bad mouth you to their new service provider.
- Raise your prices
- Be unavailable for their phone calls or meetings
- Offer them an introduction to a business partner who may be a better fit
- Be direct. “I just don’t think we are a good fit.”
Have you ever had to break up with a client? Did you stay with a client much longer than you should have just because you needed the money? We get it. It’s not easy but you do need to weigh what they’re paying you with the energy they are draining from you.
If you are looking to define your ideal client or find a way to connect more deeply with the ones you do have contact Rex Richard and his team.