What do you want to accomplish in 2018? What did you leave unfinished in 2017? We have put together some tips to boost your business growth in 2018. You don’t have to implement everything all at once — in fact I recommend you take it one at a time. Test. Measure. Repeat!
Boost Your Business Growth In 2018
What is your business? No, really what is it? Who is your ideal client? What is your core competency? So many business owners get fractured in their businesses and spread themselves too thin and after a point, they aren’t certain who they are or what their business is.
Get back to basics. What brought you your initial success? Do you have clients who have been with you since the beginning? Get back to basics and make sure you are taking care of those individuals who have been with you.
Cultivate multiple streams of income. While you don’t want to spread your business message too thin, you also want to have other streams of income to fall back on. What is your core business and how can you make multiple streams of income from it?
Who is your target market? Are you reaching out to them? Where do they congregate online and are you there with your business as well?
If you are a multi-passionate entrepreneur write down your passions but pursue them one at a time.
Know your budget and work within it. Don’t spend money you don’t have. Start small, grow from there when you have the funds to do so.
If you’re jumping into business ownership this year, make certain you have a business plan in place and understand the strategies you will take to make your business a success. Your business plan should have your mission, your vision, your ideal client, what you will be charging and how you will measure your success.
Need help with your entrepreneurial idea but aren’t sure where to begin? Reach out. We can help.
What are your small business resolutions for 2018? While I am not an advocate of making wholesale, sweeping changes simply because the calendar has flipped to a new month, there are some steps that entrepreneurs can take to set themselves up for success in the new year. Here are a few that I have undertaken myself and talk with my coaching clients about.
Small Business Resolutions For 2018
- Work with a good accountant. Accounting and tax laws are full of moving parts. If you work with a good accountant, you can focus on your business and let the trained professional focus on your numbers and the financial aspects of your operation.
- Hone your focus. Many entrepreneurs are scattered in that they try to do too many things at once and don’t keep their eye on what is the most important aspect of their business — the core competency that brought them there in the first place. Delegate tasks to others that you don’t have to be fully involved in.
- Organize your workspace. Take time to organize the office, contain the clutter and set up file systems. Go through any stacks of paper on your desk or in your file drawers and ask, “Do I need this?” Toss it if you don’t, file it for future reference if you need it. Ask your accountant how long you need to keep financial records.
- Put yourself on a “digital diet.” By this I mean, unsubscribe from newsletters that no longer serve a function in your business or that clutter your inbox but remain unread. There’s no reason to clutter your inbox (and your thoughts) with unnecessary items.
- Automation is your friend. Look for ways in which to automate your processes. What are you currently doing manually that can more easily be done automatically?
- Get off the launchpad and just LAUNCH. Today is the day that you need to launch items that you’ve been talking about and thinking about but haven’t pulled the trigger. Done is better than perfect. You can tweak after the launch.
What do you resolve to do this year? What do you need help with? Let me know!