Being an entrepreneur and being continually stressed out go hand-in-hand, right? Not necessarily, even though it does seem to be the norm. We have come up with how entrepreneurs can deal with stress because if you’re always stressed out, you aren’t likely enjoying the process nor are you going to be able to keep up the pace.
Stress kills. Not to be overly dramatic, but it does. It’s important that entrepreneurs — and anyone, in fact — keep stress in check. We know it’s not as easy as just saying, “I want to have less stress in my life.” You do have to take stock and take steps.
How Entrepreneurs Can Deal With Stress
Here are some tips that may help you realize you don’t need to be as stressed out as you are and steps to help alleviate stress:
- Take stock of what’s going right. It’s easy to make note of what’s going wrong. After all, it’s the disasters that keep you awake at night, not the wins, right? Write down all of your wins, look at it regularly. this may alleviate the stress and the feeling that the sky is falling.
- Operate from an organized place. Write down the tasks you need to accomplish. You may want to do a brain dump of everything you need to get done. Put a timeline to it then break those tasks down. Also, once you get the to-dos out of your head they may seem more manageable. Listing tasks and to-dos also helps assure nothing falls through the cracks.
- Get away from it all. You need to take a break. sometimes just getting some breathing room for a few minutes, an hour or even a day will help you return to the business refreshed and renewed. Taking a break is beneficial especially if you feel you’re spinning your wheels and if you are overwhelmed.
- Breathe. It may sound simplistic, but pay attention to your body. Are you taking full, deep breaths or are you taking quick, shallow breaths? You need to breathe deeply to help alleviate stress. Notice, too where are your shoulders? Are they up around your ears? Focus on dropping your shoulders and relaxing your body as you breathe.
- Take care of you. If you get ill, and if you’re a solopreneur, your business may not survive. If you aren’t healthy your business will suffer because your energy is flagging. Do what you need to do to be a healthy entrepreneur.
We are not saying that running a business isn’t a stressful endeavor; we know it is. What we are saying, though is that you need to realize you have stress and take steps to address it.
We have more stress relief and reduction methods. Drop us a comment below and we will reach out.