Are you looking for easy ways to grow your small business? Most entrepreneurs that I speak with are. While there are no shortcuts to success, there are some steps you can take that will make your rise to the top of your field quicker and easier.
Easy Ways To Grow Your Small Business
In today’s business world, who you know remains as important as what you know — in some cases the “who” is almost more important than the “what.” How and where can you get to know more people with whom you can partner to help both of your businesses thrive? By attending networking events. The importance of networking events include:
- The people you meet may become customers
- You may find referral partners
- You may find great employees
- You may find someone who can provide the goods and services your business needs
- You will learn more about the industry in general and your industry in specific
What kinds of networking groups should you seek out?
- Those in your specific industry
- General networking events
- Toastmaster’s groups
- General business groups
- Industry specific entrepreneur associations or trade groups
- Non-business groups — your church group, an organization for which you volunteer.
How can you make the most of your time at these events?
- Know your business story
- Practice your elevator pitch
- Become involved. You’ll get out of a group what you put into it
- Shake hands. Introduce yourself to others.
- Listen. Listen. Listen.
Do you find value in networking events? How often do you attend?