How can your business stay relevant? You want your business to stay on top, right? Top of mind with current clients. Top of mind with potential new clients. How do you do that when every entrepreneur is working to do the same — stay on top and stay front of mind?
Do you ever worry you’re going to be continually struggling to get to the “top”? What is the summit of success in your mind? If you don’t know when you’ve reached the top you will continue to struggle.
Here are some ways in which we have uncovered which help our team and our clients feel as though their eyes are continually on the prize and that you will also remain true to your business and life purpose.
How Can Your Business Stay Relevant?
- Have faith. If you don’t believe in yourself, why will a client believe in you? Your fears and your worries will bleed into your client conversations. You may be the best in your field, but if you’re not projecting confidence you may not “win.” You need to be your own cheerleader.
- Be fearless. Those who push the hardest are usually those who win the most. You will fail. It’s a fact of life. How you show that you’re fearless is by getting up and trying again. Challenge yourself and you will win.
- Be a decision maker. If you’re not making decisions you are adding to the emotional stress and weight that is on your shoulders. Weigh the pros and cons, if necessary and then move forward. Procrastination is a killer of motivation and fortitude.
- Be ethical. If you’re not ethical, your clients will see that and you will be planting the seed of “if he is not ethical with me, is he being unethical to me?” Don’t waver in your ethics.
- Be healthy. Yes, you need to work a lot of hours, probably, in order to grow your business. If you’re not taking care of yourself and your health, everything you’re striving for will suffer. Get out of the office. Take a walk. Do some jumping jacks. Sitting for hours at a time is detrimental to your health.
How do you “stay on top?” What are you doing to stay relevant? How are you pushing forward to make it to the top?