How you face adversity can make a difference for an entrepreneur between success and failure. If you’re looking for a way to move forward – even if you face a set back – we have tips that will help you be an entrepreneur who surpasses those who have a negative attitude. Is your attitude holding you back? If so, read on.
Is Your Attitude Holding You Back?
- Don’t feel sorry for yourself. Yes, there are times when a setback hits hard and it’s all right if you need a day to wallow in the loss or setback. After that, though you need to stop feeling sorry for yourself, see what went wrong and course correct.
- Don’t avoid change. Change is inevitable and you need to accept it. You don’t have to happily embrace it, but accept that it will happen and make the most of it.
- Don’t give away your power to someone else or a client. You need to manage your responses to situations and people.
- Don’t waste time on things which you cannot change. There are some changes you can make to some situations and other things – like the weather – are beyond your control. The weather is a BIG example, but think about those things that weigh on your emotions and see if you can change it or move away from it. If you cannot, then find a way to cope.
- You can’t please all the people all the time. You can only do your best and deliver what you said you were going to deliver.
- You need to sometimes jump in with both feet. Take a calculated risk and see what happens! Chances are, it won’t be life and death, right?
- Move past the past. What’s done is done. Replaying a past failure or a past conversation or a client that got away will not help you move forward and in fact will drain your energy.
Take time to think about whether your attitude is holding you back. What can you to do change it and move forward? In some cases you may need to talk with someone outside of you and your organization — like a business coach. If you are stuck in a rut or the past, contact us.